Re: Re: SWMBO caught me off guard!

On 1/5/06, Stephen Jones <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>       Jamie Bennett wrote:
>  > HDCP is a standard which is used by sky to enable content
>  > protection and without it you don't have sky HD.
>
>  Is this right? The last I heard about the Sky HD service/kit was that
the
>  boxes were having to incorporate component connections so as to still
feed
>  HD signal to non HDCP compliant screens. I could be wrong of course.

The first Sky+ HD boxes will have component which was a decision made
by Sky as they felt DVI and HDMI connections aren't as main-stream as
they would of liked at this stage. This will quickly be phased out and
the word is that at some point they will turn off support for their
broadcasts through component but this is just a rumour at the moment.

>  Stephen

Jamie