RE: [OT] Freeview PVRs

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Freeview PVRs
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:36:23 -0000

> After I saw your message about getting the Humax for =A3199 and seeing
it=
in
> store for =A3229 locally, I called Comet and they confirmed
> 1) their website doesn't show it anymore (even though Kelkoo is still
> showing it)

Seems strange that they're not showing it on the website because (as I
understand it) the 9200T is quite a new unit out...

> 2) price in my local store is =A3199-99 NOT =A3229 as displayed - as
you
> mentioned (I suspect that the extra 99p is an error).

The .99 is correct - mine was =A3199.99.

I did think of the Topfield but there were two reasons why I didn't get it:

1) I couldn't get it *NOW* (i.e. a short run down the road, hand over
plastic and walk away with product).

2) I don't want to be fannying about "hacking" or
"modifying" sh*t nowadays
... I don't have the time or the inclination to try to get a bit of kit
doing stuff that the manufacturers didn't intend it to.

Phil