Re: Weather monitoring

Thanks to all for replies on this ... 'thought the Lacrosse 1/100th=20
tipper mechanism interesting, but can't help wondering how it would cope=20
with some of the rain we get ... stair-rods / 4" in a day being not=20
unheard of ...

Chris

---

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:01:58 -0000

Keith Finnett wrote:

Good point - I actually ordered my station via these people, and have to
sa=
the service was excellent. No affiliation, but tops marks!!

Here's a photo of mine installed - http://tinyurl.com/rojm4

---

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:39:20 -0000

Andy Bone wrote:

As an aside, the kit that Keith linked to is also available from a Uk=20
supplier.

http://www.audon.co.uk/1-wire_weather.html=20
<http://www.audon.co.uk/1-wire_weather.html>

I have not used these people nor do I have anyhing to do with them, but=20
I know that I
prefer to deal with UK companies for mail order. (rightly or wrongly)

Andy

---

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:40:21 -0000

John Nye wrote:

I have an Oregon WMR928N bought new from an ebay seller in Germany (at
abou=
half UK price). Has been working fine for last 8 months.

Its wireless (battery back up but each unit has a solar cell) and monitors
wind speed/direction, rainfall, temperature and humidity (inside and out)
and I feed it into Weather Display (free version).

Originally wanted to monitor rainfall to control irrigation system (must
ge=
on with that before the Spring!) via Homevision but I just find it
interesting to see how much rain we really do get here in Wales!!

John

---

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:29:37 -0000

Craig wrote:

Also check http://www.wunderground.com/ , you
may find there is a local
station available in the UK already doing this, you can just 'tap into'

---

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:59:27 -0000

Dean Barrett wrote:

> I use Weather Display connected to a Lacross Weather Station - does
a=20
> lovely
> job, and outputs to Xap and Xpl i believe.
>
> Mines here :-
>
> http://www.samares.net
>
> Dean=20

---

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:47:50 -0000

Keith Finnett wrote:

Chris,

I use a 1-wire weather station
(http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html)=20
<http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html%29>
which connects to a PC
running Weather Display (http://www.weather-display.com/index.php)=20
<http://www.weather-display.com/index.php%29>
which in
turn outputs xAP messages and has both a client/server and a web front end.

If you want to see my web front end, go to http://www.finnett.net/weather -
it's not fully configured, but you'll get the idea!

It's a really very complete solution, and has cost me (so far!) =A360ish
fo=
the basic weather station (temperature, wind speed, wind direction) plus
=A350ish for the software (server and web). You can buy a variety of
additional sensors (barometer, rainfall, the list is extensive...) which
al=
connect to the 1-wire network.

Cheers,

---

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:23:49 +0000

'wondered if there was a favourite affordable way of measuring the
weather ... automatically, day after day ... rainfall, temperature, plus
maybe humidity & wind, etc.   Stand-alone, with occassional down-loads
to computer / network - RS232, maybe X10, USB or ...

Chris