Re: Re: Fibre Optice Advice

Hi Nigel,

I am installing 12 core and only terminating 6. This is because I am having
about 8 kilometres multimode custom covered in a green sheath to make it
different to other cables at our site. The 5 or so cameras which are just
requiring radial runs as opposed to the 25 plus cameras that near our fibre
ring don't justify cost wise the benefits of doing a run of less cores. The
minimum for the custom coating is 2km.

Wadsworth have limited their range, but they are open to phone calls if you
need another sort of cable. What they do stock they are flexible on price
for quantity and so it keeps my budget happy :)

Oh and standard saying at this point - I have no interest in Wadsworth
other
than being a happy customer.

We are getting two reels of 1 KM singlemode and 400 MT multimode fibre made
up pre-terminated for when a FLT driver does something creative and takes
out a fibre. Plus some 6km of the singlemode fibre is going in our mine and
the main cable route is the same route that the really heavy duty mine
machines drive on.

Very tempting to put in one or two runs of fibre at home as I now have
access to the terminating kit and test gear :) But this may be OTT. But
under the "UKHA bargain" rules this is probably a must have.

Cheers

Richard