Re: [OT]: was ADSL Modem + Wireless Router your opinions?

  • Subject: Re: [OT]: was ADSL Modem + Wireless Router your opinions?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:55:57 -0000

thanks Ian,

since posting I have come across this
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_mediamvp.html

its a PC to TV media streamer, which was another thing I was trying to
do, but it has to be a wired ethernet!

so looks like I'll be going down the wired ethernet route anyway, any
tips or particular models I should look for?

does anyone have the other media streamer, and what are they like to use?

thanks

regards Gary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@...> wrote:

> Firstly, congrats! The possibilities of computers are magnified by a
network
> - you won't look back.
>
> Can I urge you to reconsider on the running cables - wireless is
great for
> now and again use, but it's usually prety dissapointing in regular
use.

> To answer your question, yes - when both PCs are on, the router (if
it's a 4
> port unit) will allow you to share files - quite a few have a print
server
> built in so you can print from either PC.
>
> We seem to have reached that nice spot in the market where most of the
> routers etc have all the features that most people need - I use a
Vigor
> 2600VG and love it, but there are (much!) cheaper options.
>
> Ian.

Behalf Of