Re: Cat5 and CT100 connections to node 0

On 2/20/06, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> 'wondered how much depth I should allow for node 0 ... cables coming
> down the wall & out, turning through 90 / 270 deg and plugging
into
> whatever ... will my 500mm be enough, from front to back, including
the
> whatevers ... ???   I remember Nigel saying 'could be best to allow
> access space all round, so maybe I should change the (prospective)
> location !

It depends what you plan to fit in there, particularly in the way of
rackmount PC's. Take a look at Linitx.co.uk and xcase.co.uk to see
range of case depths and then allow at least another 10mm.

The bend radius into the patch panels won't be the issue, it will be
mains cables and video cables etc into the back of the PC's. If no
PCs, or only shallow ones, then you'll manage with less.

-- Gumby