RE: IR control over c-bus

  • Subject: RE: IR control over c-bus
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:35:29 -0000

Depends on quite what you are after:

In: Via various input items (I.e. Mono touch screen)
Out: Via IR modules (single gang with 2 IR outputs)
www.clipsal.com/cis/pdf=
_files/cbus_5034NIRT.pdf=20

However you'll need a cbus IR reader
www.clipsal.com/cis/pdf_files/cbus_510=
0RP.pdf to capture the IR codes into Cbus and that means you have to use
po=
ssibly THE worst piece of software EVER written (goes by the catchy name
of=
IR Reader).=20

Then you have to use the almost as awful commissioning software(CIRCA).
The=
y did release a Ver 2.0 that's compatible with the latest toolkit but to
th=
e best of my knowledge it has never made it past beta!=20

I have the cbus IR reader (IIRC it cost me close to =A3500!) and some IR
mo=
dules but have never used them as capturing IR codes for my kit was so
pain=
ful and fraught with errors I simply gave up! They now languish in a box
so=
mewhere!=20

Having said all that I just checked on www.cbus-shop.com and cant find
eith=
er listed, perhaps its all no longer?

Oh and I could be way off and outa date on some of the above but I was so
d=
isgusted with the product at the time I have blanked it from my memory :-)

I'm not bitter though....(much :-))

Rob