Urgent Freeview problem

  • Subject: Urgent Freeview problem
  • From: "Jonathan Shaw" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:33:01 -0000

I have just erected a new (high gain) TV aerial and using a USB TV=20
tuner have managed to get 95% signal strength for BBC channels.  Here=20
in Ipswich (looking at the Sudbury / Tacolstone transmitter) the=20
weakest signal is ITV 1, 2 and I cannot detect these at all.  However=20
connecting the same equipment to my neighbours aerial I can see the ITV=20
channels and a load more  Free to Air channels too.  I have used CT100=20
cable from the aerial, my neighbour uses standard brown co-ax.  He=20
questions if CT100 is 75ohm impedance and hence a problem with certain=20
frequencies=85

The Urgency comes from the fact that the scaffolding around the house=20
is being removed tomorrow morning so I have a small window of=20
opportunity to get this sorted before I have to resort to aerial=20
installation company :-(

TIA
Jon