RE: Re: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start

  • Subject: RE: Re: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:29:20 -0000

> big Russound 12 channel poweramp

Big guns.. :-)

I'm just using a Sonic Impact T-AMP for each zone... except now I want
another 5 they seem to be like hens teeth !

> xLobby as the control interface to Winamp with either on a touchscreen
> monitor interface (in Kitchen) or on ppc devices connected wirelessly.

Very similar setup. The touchscreen is mounted in the wall in our dining
room next to the kitchen doorway.

I also use a PPC but I find that if it looses signal then it hangs.. but
that maybe the DellAxim rather than xLobby.

> I've also found a pretty effective way to properly sync up the 3 zones

...go one then... whats the secret ?

> xL will also link into xAP and I use this to pipe in info such as

> temperature, caller id for display on the screens.

This is my current "projects"... I know it can do it but finding
the
correct up to date info on the xLobby forums is a nightmare.

Any chance of a quick "how to" ?

i.e. what plugins , which xAp hub (service) you use etc.

What skin are you using?

I did have xLobby controlling the lighting via X10 at one stage, but
after a hard disc crash I have not so far managed to "rediscover"
the
secret of getting it to work. Even when I did get it to work it wasn't
very elegant since it involved writing a specific event for each light
(X10 address) I wanted to turn on and off.

Cheers,

Marcus