RE: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start

  • Subject: RE: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:51:46 -0000

I am doing something similar except I'm using Xlobby with a
touchscreen
for control rather than IR.

I have 2 old SoundBlaster soundcards in the AV PC and use KxProject
drivers instead of the standard drivers. Once setup this allows each
card to present itself as 3 stereo sound cards i.e. 6 in total

I then run several instances of foobar2000 instead of winamp, as I find
it MUCH less resource hungry (memory and CPU), each configured to
playback on one of the "virtual" stereo soundcard. At the moment
I only
have two zones up and running but it works great.

HTH

Marcus