Re: IR and Plasma/LCD

  • Subject: Re: IR and Plasma/LCD
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:53:50 -0000

Thanks all.  Think I'll try with a standard IR receiver type and
experiment with positioning.  Plan at the moment is to have the
receiver 2-3m to one side of the tv but the tv will also be masked for
line of sight to the receiver by its own cabinet.

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <groups@...> wrote:

> From what I understand location of the receiver is a big factor. My
Panny 5 series rendered a standard MicroLink receiver useless and so I
had to shell out on a plasma friendly one.

> Thanks
>
> Rob
> (Via mobile)

xantec)
> to hit the concealed players/amps etc.
>
> There was way back quite a lot of talk about flat screens
interfering with
> IR.  Is this still the case with the latest screens.
>
> We have a 26" lcd in another room with a powermid behind it that
receives IR
> from a pronto.  This doesn't seem to have a problem but 26" must
be
25% of a
> 46" screen.
>
> In the lounge the IR receiver will be to one side of the screen on
the same
> wall (if this makes a difference).
>
> Any views?
>
> Thanks