RE: What 50" Plasma?

Well, I went with the Panny....

In part because John Lewis only had the Panny range, plus a few others,
and=
they didn't have the Fuji. John Lewis is offering free delivery, and a fre=
e 5 year warranty, the high street box shifters wanted =A320 and =A3500
res=
pectively! I've also been very happy with the series 5 Panny I've had for
3=
-4 years now, and I was happy with the one I saw in the shop..

Only downside is the viera doesn't have the RS232 port for control. _ Not
t=
hat I made extensive use of it on my old Panny, but I did run a serial
cabl=
e in the wall in case I wanted to, and I did experiment with Homeseer
scrip=
ts to turn it on/off, change channel etc via serial commands.

I'm hoping that I can use the same wall mount as I've currently got my
42" =
Panny on... - It's a Unicol mount, and its bumph does say it is for all
Pan=
asonic plasma screens up to 50", - but of course that was printer 4
years a=
go, so rather depends on Panasonic not having changed the mounting
arrangem=
ent in the intervening years.... - anyone here changed a series 5 42"
Panny=
for a 50" viera already?

Paul G.

PS, it's being delivered on Thursday morning, - ordered online on Sunday
af=
ternoon, so pretty prompt...

as g=
ood
> as it gets just now with plasma. Sports on Sky looks great, I've
watched
> football & cricket in both SD & HD and both are excellent, no
ghosting,
> smearing etc. The colour banding can be an issue but as you have
mentione=
> it can be caused by low rate encoding as much as anything else. The
1080
> screens in particular seem to really show up poor SD content but I'm
sure
> this is because they have put all of their development into the HD
> processing at the expense of SD. This could be improved with the
addition
> of
> a decent video processor but that could cost as much as the screen
itself=
.
> I've not seen the new Fuji 1080 models in the flesh yet - they were at
th=
> Bristol show but I could not get down there - but I've heard that the
> processing on these screens deals well with all content. Mind you I'm
> still
> not going to be paying =A36k (or more) for a screen no matter how good
it
> looks. What I will do though is to have my new screen ISF calibrated
once
> it
> has settled in as this should mean I am maximising the potential of my
AV
> system.
>=20
=20