From: Marc R. Fuller [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 December 2006 13:25
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] HA Doorbell

Apologies if this appears twice. I sent it this morning and it's not
appearing onlist so I am resending.

Hey Guys,

After having months of problems with my wireless doorbell I have decided to
try a home automation version. I've just bought a X10 powerflash module and
a X10 chime from Letsautomate. I also have homeseer running so can do all
sorts of things with the x10 information (sad when one gets so excited by
something so small :D ) The only problem I foresee is the usual delays in
relaying X10 information.

Now my problem. From what I can see, the powerflash module works with
normally closed circuits. Most of the doorbells available from most DIY
stores appear to be normally open. Anyone seen any nice looking, normally
closed doorbell switches ? Anyone else gone this route for a doorbell ? Did
it all work well in the end ?

Any help appreciated.

Marc

Stuff, in one Place