RE: What 50" Plasma?

I=92m going to sound like a stuck record but=85 the Fuji is just about
as g=
ood
as it gets just now with plasma. Sports on Sky looks great, I=92ve watched
football & cricket in both SD & HD and both are excellent, no
ghosting,
smearing etc. The colour banding can be an issue but as you have mentioned
it can be caused by low rate encoding as much as anything else. The 1080
screens in particular seem to really show up poor SD content but I=92m sure
this is because they have put all of their development into the HD
processing at the expense of SD. This could be improved with the addition
o=
a decent video processor but that could cost as much as the screen itself.
I=92ve not seen the new Fuji 1080 models in the flesh yet =96 they were at
=
the
Bristol show but I could not get down there =96 but I=92ve heard that the
processing on these screens deals well with all content. Mind you I=92m
sti=
ll
not going to be paying =A36k (or more) for a screen no matter how good it
looks. What I will do though is to have my new screen ISF calibrated once
i=
has settled in as this should mean I am maximising the potential of my AV
system.

=20

I don=92t know if you are close to a Sevenoaks store but most have the
Fuji=
on
demo so it could be worth popping in to see one in the flesh. If you do
arrange to go and see it then make sure they can hook it up to a DVD player
and take along a disc you have played and found scenes that show the
=93problems=94 on your current screen so you can see the difference.

=20

You could also pop over to the Plasma forum at AV Forums to see what advice
is offered there.

=20

_____=20=20