Consumer Unit Wiring with sub-units?

  • Subject: Consumer Unit Wiring with sub-units?
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:03:39 -0000

Hi,

I just want to check with the wisdom of the group before I get the Sparkie
in.

I am putting a new consumer unit in under the stairs, I also have 2
sub-consumer units, one in the attic, and one in the garage, both to feed
c-bus units and other bits and pieces.

The 2 sub-units are fed from the main consumer unit with 10mm^2 T&E
with a
separate 10mm^2 Earth feed as advised by Rob Mouser.

Now my concern is, should I be fitting double pole MCB's in the main
consumer unit for these 2 sub-feeds, and if so, can you use a busbar to
feed
the live on the double pole MCB's or will they need to be wired separate
from the busbar for the live as well as the neutral?

If any one has any advice, I would much appreciate it.

Cheers, Des.