Latest message you have seen: Re: Pronto Codes for NAD T785 Amplifier

Re: Migrating W2K3 to W2K3 server?

Paul Gale wrote:
> Excellent - thanks Wayne for the really detailed help :)
>
> I'll let you know how it goes - still testing the new kit at the
moment and struggling with an odd network problem where during the copy of
a lot of data, I'll get an error saying "cannot copy, network name is
no longer valid"! Only thing I can find googling is something about
TCP offhandling settings on the network card - not tried that yet though.

> Paul.

No Worries!
Just as a little thing to try - lock your network speeds to the highest
your card / switch combination will go. (if your switch is 10/100mb and
your net card is 10/100/1000mb - lock the card to 100mb). I'd heard from
a 3com engineer a while ago that there was an inherit problem with the
auto speed negotiation protocol (not just with 3com stuff - but
generally) whereby under heavy load your link drops to the lowest common
(which is usually 10mb half duplex!) without telling you about it. If
you can lock the speed on your switch port too - all the better.

That may be a bit of a 'climbing up the wrong tree' but its worth a check.

Enjoy!
Wayne.