RE: [ukha_d] Electricity monitoring (again!) - Electrisave ??

  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Electricity monitoring (again!) - Electrisave ??
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:23:22 +0100

Got one myself when there was the money off offer around, it works OK,
but AFAIK its a
closed system (I believe they were looking at bring out a version that
did interface to a PC)

It also doesn't do an instant reading, i.e. it only updates every 3-4
seconds or so. This can make it
a little difficult to see what the effect of doing something (like
turning off/on a light etc) has had.

Generally I have it at the side of the bed as a check that everything is
turned off.. i.e. its it says
anything greater than 5p an hour being used then something extra has
been left on.

Being able to log the data would make it MUCH better.. anyone want to
build an RF to xAP bridge :)

Marcus