Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: [OT] Building Regs

you've hit the nail on the head. the Building Cert is needed when you
sell the house.
The new buyers solicitor will ask for it cause the new buyers will
tell thier solicitor they saw some work on the garage. If its a cash
buyer he may not mind so much, but a buyers mortgage company may
insist on one!!
Its the same sort of stuff with loft conversions. Bottom line is that
it is the excuse to beat down your asking price some way, just because
it has not got a building cert.
Its just another in the list of things that a buyer will beat you down.!!
The best bet would be to not advertise as habitable as you say, and
let the buyer make up their mind, but it seems your spec below is
actually not far off. Having said this looking at your detail below
the main thing I see missing is any extra insulation or damp
protection, and to do that retrospectively probably would not be worth
it.
The year old thing is irrelevant. You either have a certificate for
the completed work or you don't. When you get your building plan it
outlines things like insulation for example in mine they wanted 50mm
celotex/kingspan against a breathable membrane. You then have 5 years
to do this!!. Now if you apply again in a years time it may go up to
100mm!!