Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Re: Homevision Prom - worth upgrading form 3.11 ?

  • Subject: Re: Re: Homevision Prom - worth upgrading form 3.11 ?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:34:32 +0100

Frank,

Thanks.. UPB sound good but will they ever release a 240volt version
and how much. I've also seen AD10 which seems to be a faster and more
reliable version of X10.. but again no 240volt version available.

With the new X102 (how do you type X10 squared in an email?) modules
that LetsAutomate will be stocking I'm hoping that reliability will
improve. My sons XBOX and PSP2 seem to create X10 eating black holes
whenever he turns them on.

Hope LA stock them soon otherwise I'm going to have to buy
them on eBay instead..

Marcus
--------- original message below ---------------

From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@xxxxxxx>

Hi Marcus

> Whats UPB ?

Its anothers over the mains protocol i believe which is AFAIK two comms
and
much more than reliable x10.....I have read somewhere theres talk of
bringing out 240v version

http://www.simply-automated.com/upb_technology.htm

Also if using xPL theres a UPB Plugin

http://www.xpl4java.org/UPB4Java/