RE: [OT] Dewalt Tools

Get 'em in the States if you can.  I've just finished (sort of) my
self-build, and decided early on to buy lots of decent tools.  I wangled a
business trip, during which time I spent most non-working hours in Home
Depot :-).  I got their "fatboy" pack (their name, not mine!)
which consist=
of 18v circ saw, drill, impact driver (the best bit of kit), recip saw,
angle grinder, 2 batts and torch for $399.  That was a special offer at the
time (with a mail-in rebate that I had a colleague sort out for me) I think
the best price I found over here at the time for the same kit was =A3499.
=
It
all came in a DeWalt bag, which I wrapped in a Samsonite bag and
checked-through - no issues at either end.
=20
As an aside, the DeWalt kit has done a sterling job.  I know some know them
as being 'posh Black & Decker', but all the tools have had a hard life,
and
all have survived admirably.  Anyone that's worked with Fermacell will know
that stuff kills circular saws, but not my DeWalt.  I didn't even know what
an Impact Driver was, but now I've had one, I'd never dream of using a
cordless drill for screw-driving, the impact driver makes a far better, and
easier job of it.
=20
Pete

_____=20=20