Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: cbus Wiser config agony

Re: [OT] Radar Detection

There is a setting for POI's to be enroute as well (proximity) -
something to do with how far off the road you are driving on before they
'bong' - maybe you can reduce false alerts a bit with that.

Kevin

Ward, David wrote:

>Phil,
>
>With the satnav POI addons It can depend which POI databases you
install and
>enable.
>
>It sounds as though you installed the one large database that covers
>everything Specs, Gatso, and temporary
>
>If you install the serperate ones you can then decide not to include
>temporary cameras (which tend to include favourite spots for camera
vans and
>cars)
>
>I don't know about the other systems, but at least with the satnav ones
you
>can add or delete POIs at will.
>

>Dave

any sort of
>>detector has the Road Angel and I've not heard a bad word about it.
>>
>>I added the speed cameras POI database to my father in laws TomTom
the
>>other week and as far as I'm concerned it may as well not be
>>there ... it
>>"bonged" every couple of minutes on my way in to work to
signify pretty
>>much every other bridge or police hump at the side of the
>>motorway and the
>>one (s)camera I did see on my way home it didn't "bong"
for.