Latest message you have seen: Project Natal Preview - Home Automation Implications?

RE: [OT] Radar Detection

> With the satnav POI addons It can depend which POI databases you
install
> and enable.

Yes, I understand that...

> It sounds as though you installed the one large database that covers
> everything Specs, Gatso, and temporary

Fixed and Mobile.

> If you install the serperate ones you can then decide not to include
> temporary cameras (which tend to include favourite spots for camera
vans
> and cars)
>
> I don't know about the other systems, but at least with the satnav
ones
> you can add or delete POIs at will.

My problem with these databases is that they are just lists of locations
and - usually - with a reasonable level of awareness and observation you
can pick off most (s)cameras and quickly adjust your progress to a
suitable rate - if you can't then you were driving too damn fast for what
you can see anyway. (And before you think I'm being all "holier than
thou"
on this I'm honestly not - all the points I've had in my past were well
deserved and are now all gone however if I ever do get my "weekend
toy"
there'll be a Road Angel going into it.)

It's just far to easy to get lulled into a false sense of security that
just because the satnav hasn't bonged then you're OK (or similarly you get
so used to it going off that you start ignoring it).

Phil