Re: Moisture / Water probe

markttay wrote:

> I am looking for an probe that will detect the presence of water in a
> channel in the basement floor, the signal from which I can use to
> shut
> off the water main or take other action.
>
> Anyone know of such a probe/sensor?

If you're going home-brew, detecting water could be as simple a couple
of paperclips on a piece of plastic feeding a suitable amplifier.

For moisture sensors, get a bit of veroboard, link alternate tracks,
attach wires then add a couple of drips of saturated salt solution and
allow it to crystallise.  Not sure how good that is for your application
(suspect it would need replacing regularly), but it's so fiendishly
simple that I thought it deserved a mention...

Kim.