Re: Re: [OT] F type TV connectors

This is pretty much what I did. I also trimmed the black end to 45 degrees
before folding back the braid. This made it 200% easier to get the thread
started. I used some small snips I use for my electronics hobby. Stanley
knife was not too successful :-(

I was using CT125 so probably harder than CT100.

Ian

"Chris White"
<cmw@xxxxxxx        To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
.uk>                     cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
Sent by:                 Subject:  [ukha_d] Re: [OT] F type TV connectors
ukha_d@yahoogroup
s.com

02/09/2005 09:00
Please respond to
ukha_d

The problem with twisting the braid to make a better connection is
that those screw on type f connectors are buggers to get on at the
best of times.

With a large lump of braid you will defo rip your fingers and thumbs
to shreads no matter how much lube you use.

IMO Cut any foil away and just fold the braid back over the outer
jacket and screw on the connector.

Or do a proper job and use a crimp or even better compression connector!

Chris