Re: Re: s-video baluns

> Since posting my original, I've decided to look at sticking our a/v
gear
> (except the screens :-) in the cupboard under the stairs. This means
that
> I'd like to get s-video to a couple of TVs. I know kat5 can daisy
chain,
> but this will require more cat5 (yes, I know I should have stuck more
> under the floor!) but what if I use the =A3100 per pair passive
baluns?
> Should I just split the s-video and audio and use two senders? Will
this
> be OK?

Hi Ian,

If you use the passive baluns you will need a distribution amp to drive=20
two sets
otherwise the output of your source equipment will be double terminated=20
and the
video levels will be incorrect.

If your source has two separate outputs then the above doesnt apply.

KAT5 transmitters have switchable input termination allowing multiple
transmitters to be connected to the same piece of source equipment without
=
the
need for a distribution amplifier. Using individual transmitters means=20
you only
need a single cable to a room.

Hope that helps

Regards