Re: s-video baluns

  • Subject: Re: s-video baluns
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:26:18 +0100

In article <VA.00001a36.006e0d0c@xxxxxxx>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> There seem to be a fair few s-video plus stereo audio baluns around,
> including many that don't need power. These would seem idea for on the
> back on my wall-mounted LCD TV in the kitchen (nowhere nearby to hide
> PSU etc.)  They are around £100 for a paid.
>
> Anyone used one?
> What's quality like?

Anyone got a view on this?

Since posting my original, I've decided to look at sticking our a/v gear
(except the screens :-) in the cupboard under the stairs. This means that
I'd like to get s-video to a couple of TVs. I know kat5 can daisy chain,
but this will require more cat5 (yes, I know I should have stuck more
under the floor!) but what if I use the £100 per pair passive baluns?
Should I just split the s-video and audio and use two senders? Will this
be OK?

Regards

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire