Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] childs PC keyboard

[OT] childs PC keyboard

Hey all, I'm searching for a PC keyboard suitable for a couple of young
chi=
ldren (my nephews) - aged 2 and 4 yrs. - It's actually primarily for the
ol=
der child, but I don't much fancy my chances of keeping the younger one
fro=
m trying to play with it as well! - Regardless, I want it suitable for the
=
4-yr old.

I've found a few childrens keyboards on the net, but thus far, none which
a=
re ideal.... - the closest to what I want I've only seen in a US key
layout=
, some others are just a bit too simple, with only a very small subset of
t=
he standard key set, and some others I've found are outrageously expensive
=
(=A3115 for a single keyboard anyone?) - when I can buy a new keyboard
from=
ebuyer for 99p that's a bit hard to swallow!

What I'd ideally like is a PC keyboard with a reasonably full complement
of=
keys, including the dedicated "windows" keys etc. plus the
"F" keys, as so=
me of his PC software makes use of them. I'd really like it to be brightly
=
coloured rather than all beige/black/ivory etc. and of course it MUST be a
=
UK layout...

Plus points:

Larger than normal key sizes
Larger than normal letter engraving on the key tops
Lowercase letter engraving on the keytops
Colour-coded keys (vowels, consonants, punctuation, numbers all in
differen=
t colours for instance
Separate nmeric keypad
Brightly coloured keyboard
Robust!! - would be nice if it was engineered to withstand the rigours of
t=
he 2-year old spilling his squash & crumbs over it!

I don't care if it is PS2 or USB
I don't much care if it is standard QWERTY or ABC.. Alphabetic layout... -
=
I know some educationalists suggests the latter is easier for children,
bur=
I reckon he's going to have to learn the QWERTY layout at some point, and =
anyway he's already been using several ordinary adult keyboards for some
ti=
me now, so he's already at least "familiar" with the QWERTY
layout.
I don't want one of the flexible rubber keyboards, as the one I had was
not=
very responsive to the keypresses, - I want it to work just as responsivel=
y as the "normal" keyboards he already uses...
I don't mind if it's a themed keyboard - so long as it is a theme suitable
=
for a couple of boys, - so not a pink barbie one!

Oh, and I'd like it to cost a sensible price! - by which I mean not in
exce=
ss of the mid-twenties...

Any  pointers?

TIA