Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Do electronic descalers work...your opinion ?

CCTV & Homeseer running on a Mini-ITX Mainboard

  • Subject: CCTV & Homeseer running on a Mini-ITX Mainboard
  • From: "Jason Starkie" <jason.starkie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:58:08 +0100

I was thinking today about recording CCTV and installing homeseer etc on a
Media Centre PC I have just bought then I started thinking, if my house was
broken into the first thing stolen would be the media centre with all the
CCTV recording on it. I then started to think about putting the CCTV PC
perhaps in the loft as others have done on the list. I then had a thought
if
I bought a Mini-ITX motherboard I could install this and a laptop 2.5 inch
drive inside my alarm control panel which I also intend to fit inside the
loft.

I bought a second hand Galaxy 8 alarm panel for the house and because its a
low spec panel the enclosure has plenty of room for a small form factor PC

I notice homeseer are offering a professional pro 100 http://www.keware.com/

I also notice that the PC  <http://tinyurl.com/awx2l>
http://tinyurl.com/awx2l appears to
be the one sold as a CCTV recorder by
https://linitx.com

So I started thinking about combining the Home automation with CCTV

For CCTV I have been using a couple of AXIS 205 web cams and the axis
recording software because the recording are motion activated I wouldn't
need a very large hard drive.

Has anyone on the List done this already ? or does anyone have any other
suggestions ?

perhaps the VIA EPIA M10000 motherboard would be suitable ?

The VIA EPIA M10000 has the full compliment of connections, including USB
2.0, Firewire 1394, S-Video out, RCA TV Out (NTSC and PAL), on board 10/100
ethernet LAN and 1 PCI slot.