Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Extending USB over Cat5

[OT] Asterisk at home help + XAP integration

  • Subject: [OT] Asterisk at home help + XAP integration
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:43:04 +0000

Hi All,

Well I have finally installed *@home and as I know quite a few of you use
it
I wanted comments on my master plan before I set out to check I'm not being
an idiot.

I have installed *@Home on a Dell £99 server (TM) and that all seems fine -
painless install.

I propose the following - use Linksys PAB2 adapters on all fixed analogue
phones in the house. Buy a sipura 3000 to connect in the POTS land line and
to plug an 'emergency' phone into - on a power fail a relay in the sipura
bridges the FXO and FXS ports so I can still use the emergency phone no
matter what.

I have a couple of sipgate numbers now - I was gonna use one for voice and
one for fax and route appropriately.

I think I simply need to enable XAP in the * config to get XAP messages ?

Does that make some kinda sense?

Ta
Chris