RE: [OT] What do I need ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] What do I need ?
  • From: "alasdair clark" <alasdair.clark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:56:16 +0100

Darren

If the Cat 5 outlets are unused all you need to do is make/acquire several
RJ45 to BT connectors, which will allow you to patch the phone lines across
your CAT5e infrastructure, however if the outlets are in use then you can
run the phone extension with the LAN connection using wires 4 & 5 or 7
& 8
are not in use on 100 Base-t, so you can run LAN + 2 phone lines over one
CAT 5e cable. see
-http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/cables/cables_faq.htm#q16
for more info

Regards