Soldering iron - WAS What to by on my first trip to the US ?

For those interested it is was this one

http://www.howardelectronics.com/xytronic/988dtp.html

Haven't been home much since I got it but I had to remove a bunch of
transistors and replace them with new ones and this enabled me to do the
job in about 10 mins. In the old days it would have taken an hour or more
as they are fiddly and recessed. I was most impressed.

I also got some 'stuff' that will enable me to remove those spidery
surface mount chips safely. Haven't done that yet but the demo video
looked great.

If you solder then this is a great toy.

I first saw it on ebay (search for xytronic) but this kit was much better
value considering I got all the tasty tools and a fume extractor thrown
in. The iron was 550 bucks, the rest was various soldering tips, smt
desolder paste and shipping.

Ian

"Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx