Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

Re: Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.

  • Subject: Re: Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <richard.boreham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:02:13 -0000

Not at all an unusual problem.  I had exactly the same issue with Sky
and a Loftbox a few years back.  Drove me nuts too until I got the
same useful advice from here - great knowledge!

I'm guessing that if you superimpose two different sources onto the
same channel, they literally interfere with the result being noise
(especially if both are about the same strength).

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "christopher purves"
<CHRIS_PURVES@M...> wrote:

> Aha
>
> looking at this rather cool site
>
> http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tva.exe?DX=M&HT=10&OS=SW198RB
>
> it looks like 68 ,might be being used by a london transmitter.
>
> I'm still a little suprised that it completely wipes the sky signal
and
> replaces it with whitenoise though rather than say a poor channel 4.
>

> Chris
>

> >From: Maccy <maccy@m...>
> >To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls
help.
> >Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:30:47 +0100 (BST)
> >

> >On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, christopher purves wrote:
> > > Aha - that certainly sounds like a possibility - does anyone
happen to
> >know
> > > a channel that doesn't have a digital channel on it that I
could
try ?