Latest message you have seen: Re: CBus power usage

RE: Re: Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.

  • Subject: RE: Re: Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:53:01 +0000

Hi All,

Well I changed the sky chanel but still had issues until I put a 6db
attenuator on the tv aerial. Voila at least the rf coming out of the sky+
box in node 0 can be displayed on a locally attached telly. Unfortunately
plugging the RF into the loft box and looking on a remote telly shows no
signal again. At least at this point I am down to the loftbox. I am
guessing
I may need more attenuation or the loftbox is just broken but I seem to
remmeber the loftbox wouyld distribute the sky+ signal with no aerial
attached so it could just I need the extra attenuation - unfortunately I
only had one attenuator so could not test.

I must admit this is all quite weird - I am not used to trying to reduce
signal strength in a tv setup!

Chris

>From: "rb_ziggy" <richard.boreham@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Help!: TV distribution not working. Pls help.
>Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:02:13 -0000
>
>Not at all an unusual problem.  I had exactly the same issue with Sky
>and a Loftbox a few years back.  Drove me nuts too until I got the
>same useful advice from here - great knowledge!
>
>I'm guessing that if you superimpose two different sources onto the
>same channel, they literally interfere with the result being noise
>(especially if both are about the same strength).
>
>Regards
>
>Richard
>
>--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "christopher purves"
><CHRIS_PURVES@M...> wrote:
> >

> > Aha
> >
> > looking at this rather cool site
> >
> > http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tva.exe?DX=M&HT=10&OS=SW198RB
> >
> > it looks like 68 ,might be being used by a london transmitter.
> >
> > I'm still a little suprised that it completely wipes the sky
signal and
> > replaces it with whitenoise though rather than say a poor channel
4.

> > Chris
> >

> > >From: Maccy <maccy@m...>
> > >To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx