Re: OT: What to by on my first trip to the US ?

Thanks Tim some good ideas to get me thinking
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:21 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT: What to by on my first trip to the US ?

Andrew,

Not particularly techie, but I've brought back 6 rolls of gardening soaker
hose over my last two trips. UK price = £30 for 25m, US price = $12 for
1/2"x100ft (30m) & $11 for 5/8"x75ft (23m). Although the hose
is quite bulky
it's not that heavy. I could fit 4 rolls into a large suitcase with my
clothes packed around them. As far as I can tell the hose is exactly the
same as the UK stuff.

Rotozip bits are not a huge bargain versus UK eBay, but they are readily
available in Home Depot etc. and don't take up much room.

If you can get to a Radio Shack they have a neat tool for screwing
"F"
connectors onto coax cable. Basically a "T" shaped handle, you
screw the "F"
plug onto the handle, then use the handle to screw the plug onto the cable.
Saves your fingers if you're doing a lot of them and it was only a few
bucks
IIRC.

Best Buy is worth a look around if you can find one, as is Frys Electrical
recommended by previous reply.

HTH,

Tim.