A professional electricans approach to wiring a plasma screen.

  • Subject: A professional electricans approach to wiring a plasma screen.
  • From: "David Chapman" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:17:50 +0100

<Irony on>
Guys, We are wasting our time and are just a bunch of amateurs who don't
know what we are doing. Thank heavens we have regulations like part P to
protect us ...
<Irony off>

Searching for something else I found the following words on the Screwfix
forum, looking at some of the other posts this isn't a windup. I know
professional electricians aren't all like this but even so the lack of
basic
knowledge about the way things work - and the attempt to bodge a
"fix" - is
beyond scary.

===========================
>I have just installed a plasma TV for a client and forgotten to put a
scart
>lead in the wall to the entertainment cupboard. I have a CT100 cable
and a
>CAT5 cable. Any ideas how to convert these two cables into a scart
lead?
>Despertate sparks!

> I suspect the RJ45 and CT100 both come from a cable company modem. Is
this
> the case? RJ45 will be for the PC broadband connection. CT100 should
have
> an F-type plug on it (you can buy screw-on type at Maplin, RS etc.)
and
> either
a) screw straight on to the F-type socket on the back of the TV or
b) into a little set-top-box which will have a scart socket which can be
connected to TV scart.
Buy only the cheapest scart cable (approx £8) as anything else is a
pointless rip-off.

It then gets really silly - one of them suggests combining the signals with
an RF modulator and feeding that up the coax into the plasma !!!!

Gawd 'elp us - any wonder so many want to do the work themselves and even
build their own houses !!

DC