RE: LCD TV

>> And I'm so glad you have responsed in your usual tone. Honest.
> Good - so were a number of other people. Honest.

Go on Phil - bite him! :D

Tbh, the whole thing about HD that really causes me concerns is this... I
saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (the recent Depp number,
rather than
the disturbing 70s version) at an IMAX.

The sight of Christopher Lee's nose and teeth spread across more screen
real
estate than they ever had any right to be was frankly nightmare inducing.

It might be technically superb and all that - but do you really want to see
the various facial blemishes of the UK's motley crue of BBC regulars
captured in magnificent puss-o-vision?

720 is, for me, a nice safe trade off somewhere beyond regular telly, but
not quite into the arena of being able to see individual nose hairs.

I.