RE: [OT] Tips for when i go to New York

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Tips for when i go to New York
  • From: "ho yin" <yahoogroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:31:38 -0000

Dean,

I personally would exchange some cash here - i.e. in the post office where
there is no comission.

Then use your credit card to purchase goods and pay for hotels etc (but not
to withdraw cash).

Using a cash card to withdraw cash is possible, but you get hit by service
charges and not so friendly exchange rates.

As for jet lag ... the way I try and get round it (when I do long haul
flights to Hong Kong) is when you return try not to go to sleep at some
strange hour just because your body feels like it as it is still in NY
time.
I try and stay awake till a sensible UK sleeping time approaches. Therefore
my body adjusts to the UK time quicker.

Have a great trip though NY is great! Going to be cold though!

Ho yin

_____