Re: CLI hack problem

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:

Keith

Good to see an expert on the case!

I will try a wall wart. Certainly my first thought was that I was
running out of power. I did try doubling the capacitor value thinking
that I should at least get an extra digit if the power was running out
but that made no difference at all.

The lcd displays all the digits and does not appear to crash at all. I
don't have to reset anything when a new call comes in. It just reacts
in exactly the same way. I also removed the lcd display as I thought
that would help if it was sharing power with the opto-isolator. Again
there was no difference in the result.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks
David

> If you are powering the PC side from the serial port using diodes
from the
> pins shown, try removing that bit of circuit and use a 5-12v power
supply
> from a wall wart instead.
>
> Assuming the first bit of info you are receiving is correct then the
circuit
> is working and my guess is that the power supply from the serial
port isnt
> sufficient to sustain a workable voltage for the entire duration of
the
> message.
>
> You say the same happens for every call, does the circuit
"recover" by