Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

Re: Win MCE recording SKY channels

Phil Harris wrote:

> > > I've heard talk of PCI SKY receivers that take the SKY
> > Viewing card,
> > > is this a good option and what would happen with the EPG?
> > Not having
> > > played with MCE not sure what the issues are with Progam
Guide and
> > > recordings...
> >
> > I've never heard of the PCI sky cards but when you buy an MCE
> > remote it comes with two extra I-R senders which you can use
> > to stick on the front of your sky box to change channels.
> > Then just connect the Sky box to the coax in on the elonex
> > and the sound feed to your sound cards line in. Should work
> > fine although its not a one box solution.
>
> I believe the phrase is "pigs will fly" before dear old
Roops allows the
> soap-dodging techie fraternity any kind of access to his pay-TV
> service. As
> soon as there is any sort of PC based Sky Digital receiving device
> available
> his service will get hacked to buggery - whilst it is kept a closed
system
> then he has far more chance of keeping it un-hacked.

Errr.... there is a PCI DVB-S card available, and it does allegedly 'do'
Sky....
You do need an external card reader and a valid Sky card, a some third
party software to perform some magic...
Can't remember what forum/mailing list I read it on, but the card was
called a 'Dragon' pci card and it was being used in a MythTV box...