Latest message you have seen: [OT] not for the squimish

RE: Win MCE recording SKY channels

  • Subject: RE: Win MCE recording SKY channels
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:46:48 -0000

> > I've heard talk of PCI SKY receivers that take the SKY
> Viewing card,
> > is this a good option and what would happen with the EPG?
> Not having
> > played with MCE not sure what the issues are with Progam Guide
and
> > recordings...
>
> I've never heard of the PCI sky cards but when you buy an MCE
> remote it comes with two extra I-R senders which you can use
> to stick on the front of your sky box to change channels.
> Then just connect the Sky box to the coax in on the elonex
> and the sound feed to your sound cards line in. Should work
> fine although its not a one box solution.

I believe the phrase is "pigs will fly" before dear old Roops
allows the
soap-dodging techie fraternity any kind of access to his pay-TV service. As
soon as there is any sort of PC based Sky Digital receiving device
available
his service will get hacked to buggery - whilst it is kept a closed system
then he has far more chance of keeping it un-hacked.

Phil