Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Modern Home Servers - Power Savings

[OT] bit torrent

Hi,

I am just downloading my first bit torrent, so it is all new to me.
Can you recommend any FAQ sites for me to learn more about this?

Which program do you recommend for use with XP? I am using uTorrent
(that's a greek u for micro) which is what the download site
recommended.

As I understand it, you download the binary and when you finish you
then upload the binary to others. At the moment I have a download at
26kb/s and an upload of 0.3kb/s. Surely I cannot be uploading to
others since I have only just started downloading myself; I do not
have much of the file to share! Is this just parity information going
back to the originator? I'm just a bit nervous about trojans etc.

Thanks.