Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT} Scanning 35mm negatives?

Re: X10 and Ir remote

  • Subject: Re: X10 and Ir remote
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:14:46 GMT

In article <3208.195.173.62.191.1132052901.squirrel@195.173.62.191>,
Phil
Harris wrote:
> RF range is very much influenced by location (I get about 25ft at home
and
> have an IR7243RF/W sat in the airing cupboard underneath the shelf
that
> holds the hot water cylinder)

I guess I need to look at siting the RF receiver where it'll be the most
use
for the areas that I'm not covering with Ir receivers.

> Remember there are other RF
> receivers (such as the IR7243RF/W) which aren't limited to being
> positioned at the wall outlet.

I'm starting to think that my Ir receiver and RF receiver will have to be
in
different locations. So I guess I'll go for the IR7243AH   But I first need
to do some testing to see how far through my mains the X10 signals will go.

Shame none of the Zigbee type systems have taken off yet. Though with wifi
being currently at a BOM of about $7 ...

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire