Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: VIOM locking up

Good point Lee - perhaps I should have been more informative!

I set an Input Reporting Period to 1 minute (Command CIR3). This
setting sends out the state of all the real inputs via the serial port
(every minute in this case). The period can be set to 5 different
discrete values ranging from 100ms to 1 day.

If the status report (heartbeat) is not received for several hearbeats
then Homeseer power cycles the VIOM. When Homeseer sees a VIOM restart
(from the initial chatter out of the serial port) it updates the
outputs with the correct state. Of course this operation does rely on
Homeseer running so I have other things that look after Homeseer!

There are certainly different ways that the "heartbeat"
functionality
could be implemented. This approach works well for me and was simple
to implement.

Best Regards
David

> > I would agree that you don't want critical functions on
crash-prone