Latest message you have seen: Are the 'KeyStone' Modular patch systems standard?

Re: Re: VIOM locking up

My experience is that these sort of spurious 'crashes' in relatively simple
and otherwise stable equipment are generally due to external influences
rather than an exception in internal state.
That said, more complex systems or those which seem prone to regular
crashes can benefit from the self re-set approach.
For the case under consideration I would recommend an external
watchdog/reset system rather than relying on an in-built scheduled reset.
Regards,
David

On 11/15/05, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> rectorydp wrote:
>
> > I would agree that you don't want critical functions on
crash-prone