Latest message you have seen: Re: 1TB "Green" Drives

RE: Why can i hear Sky on my Audio System ?

  • Subject: RE: Why can i hear Sky on my Audio System ?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:06:25 -0000

> I'm guessing this one is for Mr Doxey....

OK. Here goes :-)

> I can hear my Sky output on my Whole house audio system, though
> they are not physically connected ??

Saves on cable I suppose :-)

> In my Node Zero i have a sky+ box, amp/tuner, DVD etc. etc. I also
have a
> Russound A Bus central audio system - connected to this is a Slimp,
HTPC,
> DAB tuner.

OK

> When there is no volume on the Audio system in another room, i can
hear
> distorted Sky audio from the channel selected on the box.

Need more clarity on this. Do you mean....

1. When the audio system in a room is OFF
2. When the audio system in a room is set to zero volume
3. When the audio system in a room is ON but the selected source is silent

> Where/what would be a connection allowing the Sky signal to bleed onto
the
> audio ?

Do you have anything connected to the Audio Out Terminals on SKY+ ?

If so what?

Do any of the other audio sources also connect to another piece of kit to
which SKY+ is connected eg some form of AV switcher or SCART switch box.

If you remove either SCART or Audio leads from SKY+ does it go away ?

Diagnosis will continue once the questions have been answered :-)

Keith