Latest message you have seen: Re: (OT) On line photo albums

Re: Bloody serial ports!!!!

Colinux ( http://www.colinux.org/ )
isn't an emulator, it's a "driver"
that lets any x86 linux kernel share the hardware with the windows
kernel so they run side-by-side. it's quite interesting and I'm pretty
sure you can access whatever hardware you like, but if windows is
using it too things will grind to a halt, hence the "if you could use
it on linux but you still need windows, disable the device in windows
so windows doesn't touch it and use it in linux" as a possible sol'n.

Cheers,

Lee Causier.

On 11/11/05, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I presume co-linux is a Windows based Linux emulator?????
>
> Trouble is, the software accessing the ports is Windows based.
>
> Paul.

Well, one
> > is on port 8 where it was 5 and I can't get the other to work.
> > >
> > > I've seen Windows renumber USB-to-serial ports before but
not fixed
> > cards.
> > >
> > > As you can imagine, having 8 serial ports renumbering
themselves on a