Latest message you have seen: Re: (OT) On line photo albums

Re: X10 and Ir remote

> In article <20051113201215.44513107BE@xxxxxxx>, Phil Harris
wrote:
>> ... The IR7243RF
>
> Ack! Another one for the table! And I now notice the distinction of
> allhouse
> via RF and allhouse via Ir
>
> Model      IR?    RF?    AH via RF?    AH via Ir?
> IR7243     Yes    No     n/a           No
> IR7243W    Yes    Yes    Yes           No
> IR7243AH   Yes    No     n/a           Yes
> IR7243RF   Yes    Yes    ?             Yes
>
> I can't see the IR7243RF on letsautomate.com   Or is this just another
> name for the IR7243W?

Yes, Mike for some reason refers to the IR7243RF as an IR7243W and I can
never understand it since we do actually have an IR7243W product too
(which is an IR7243 in white rather than black).

>> There's a set of ActiveX controls at
>> http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm
if that helps.

> Thanks, but I prefer to avoid Windows. It's just about OK for desktop
but
> not at all my cup of tea for infrastructure and control.

:-D

> I'm starting to think that I might get a IR7243W initially and then
look
> at
> adding a CM12U. I can always migrate to using the Linux box as the Ir
> X10
> bridge, which also gets web control.
>
> I'll also look at MisterHouse. The FOSS nature of this should make it
> tweakable, or I can just nick the bits I want and go my own way.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I'll probably drop an order for about £200
worth of
> bits on you once I clear up the remaining mysteries regards the many
> models of the IR7243 !!!

No worries ... now, you know who I am and where I work don't you? ;-)

Phil