Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: X10 and Ir remote

  • Subject: Re: X10 and Ir remote
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:51:28 GMT

In article <20051113201215.44513107BE@xxxxxxx>, Phil Harris wrote:
> ... The IR7243RF

Ack! Another one for the table! And I now notice the distinction of
allhouse
via RF and allhouse via Ir

Model      IR?    RF?    AH via RF?    AH via Ir?
IR7243     Yes    No     n/a           No
IR7243W    Yes    Yes    Yes           No
IR7243AH   Yes    No     n/a           Yes
IR7243RF   Yes    Yes    ?             Yes

I can't see the IR7243RF on letsautomate.com   Or is this just another name
for the IR7243W?

> There's a set of ActiveX controls at
> http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm
if that helps.

Thanks, but I prefer to avoid Windows. It's just about OK for desktop but
not
at all my cup of tea for infrastructure and control.

I'm starting to think that I might get a IR7243W initially and then look at
adding a CM12U. I can always migrate to using the Linux box as the Ir to
X10
bridge, which also gets web control.

I'll also look at MisterHouse. The FOSS nature of this should make it
tweakable, or I can just nick the bits I want and go my own way.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably drop an order for about £200 worth of
bits on you once I clear up the remaining mysteries regards the many models
of the IR7243 !!!

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire