Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT} Scanning 35mm negatives?

RE: [OT] Self contained portable SatNav - Just ordered.

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Self contained portable SatNav - Just ordered.
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:19:32 -0000

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

I have just ordered the Mio 168 that Wayne posted about as it is a fully
self contained PDA with GPS which means we can also use it if we go to
London and are walking about etc.

The spec for the Mio also says that it does Consumer IR so it could have
some use as a remote control as well.

As I mentioned, my old iPaq is just too old to run TomTom and I cant really
justify an XDA/MDA no matter how nice they are. I dont use a mobile phone
enough to warrant it.

When I left BT and handed back my Nokia phone the total talk time after 2-3
years was only about 60 hours and on the PAYG phone that Sharon bought me
for my birthday in April I still have 8 pounds of the original 25 pound
credit left on it!!!

The other downside of a phone based GPS is that if Sharon wanted to use it
would have to give her my phone. This way, whichever one of us is driving
off onto uncharted (for us) roads we can just take the PDA and hopefully
not
get lost :-)

Will see how we get on with the Mio.

Thanks