Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: X10 entertainment

If you're talking about ActiveHome, it's a shocking piece of software...
put in the bin...
Try something else, I'd recommend Misterhouse (it's a steep learning
curve, but worth the effort and it's all free, open source).
If you just want to test the interface, I'm sure there is a DOS command
line program about somewhere, but I can't remember the name of it for
the life of me. I'm sure Google will though.
The X10 interface works fine on a USB converter, but you may have to
play with the port number that get assigned to it as some software will
only talk to ports 1 - 4, the 'old school' DOS port numbers...

Good luck...